fuel gauge sender

Subject: fuel gauge sender
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 09:46:42 -0700
Well, it looks like my fuel gauge sender is bad. Gauge doesn't register,
but if I hook up a test light to the sender wire, the gauge does move.
The sender was replaced right before I bought the car, so I'm going to
call the shop where it was replaced and see if they can help me out.
It's not to expensive, so I'm not very worried.

A couple of questions... I assume I have to drain the tank before I take
out the sender. True?

Also, what is the second tab on the sender for? I tried using an test
lead to hook that tab to a ground, but it didn't make the gauge work.
The guage is currently hooked up the tab that is isolated from the body
of the sender.

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.