John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>: filter before pump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>: filter before pump
From: dbavery1@juno.com (D D Bav)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 16:34:41 EDT
John,

Your question prompted me to send a post to the list I have wanted to
send for a week or so.  I had asked for advice on what type electric fuel
pump to replace my "stock" one with.  I received lots of good advice only
to find many of my local vendors had to order the pumps like I wanted
(low pressure).  When calling around for prices and availability I found
a local store in Lansing, MI - Giant Auto - had a pump that worked great
and was very inexpensive.  It is an Airtex brand - model #E8016S.  It has
a pressure rating of 2 to 4 psi and only cost $26.99.  The pump came with
a filter attached to the input end of it.  It was the small metal type
filter that screw directly into some carb inputs.  I believe they said it
is the same as a Ford Escort.  It works good as it screws right into the
pump so it is one solid piece so I didn't have to worry about vibration,
etc.  If your pump has a threaded end on it you can probably do the same
thing.  I saw a big display of similar ones at the auto zone store.

With this pumps being so cheap I am definately going to pick up a spare
next time I'm near the store again.

Denny