Re: HOW TO SHIP PARTS

To: mayfam@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: HOW TO SHIP PARTS
From: "William L. Singleton" <singleton@ccsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 08:48:22 -0400
>Need some education about shipping parts.
>
>I would like to buy various used parts from a number of people around the
>U.S. who have
>them to sell.  (I live in the U.S., but nowhere in their vicinity.)  Let's
>say that the
>parts are somewhat fragile (windshield is one example), and that the
>seller is not too
>interested in packaging them anyway.
>
>Does anyone know of a shipper who will package at a reasonable cost?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Daryl

Most of the convenience-type mailing/private box stores will pack (and pick
up) for a fee, usually not too bad.  If there's a local Mail Boxes etc. or
the like, have the seller take the parts there and let them quote packing.
They tend to do apretty good job, the package is/can be insured and its no
hassle for the seller.  Your local franchise for one of the chains will
even give you the address of another shop and an 800 number to call.

Bill Singleton

'52 TD (hers, in pieces in the garage)
'77 MGB (ours, we needed something fun to drive)