Re: Cross-Flow Heads

To: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Subject: Re: Cross-Flow Heads
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 12:03:29 -0400
Skip Kelsey wrote:

> Larry:
>
> We have a crossflow head installed in an MGA with a B engine. Twin 45DCOEs,
> runs great. You can take off in second gear and easily burn rubber. The
> increase in raw power is unbelievable.
>
> Skip...........At 09:11 AM 7/8/97 -0600, Larry A Hoy wrote:
> >
> >On Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:35:21 -0400 <larry.g.unger@lmco.com> writes:
> >snip
> >>IMHO, Steve Darby's Cross-Flow Heads are *excellent* ... a radical
> >>increase in air flow and an increase in CR beyond that possible with
> >>the stock cast iron head ... if ya have the disposable income, go for
> >>it.
> >snip
> >>
> >>Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
> >>'61 MGA 1600 MkII
> >===================================
> >Larry, are you using the X-flow head?
> >
> >I have been looking for someone who has had first hand experiance with
> >the head.  So far no luck.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Larry Hoy
> >1969 MGB Roadster
> >1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas

Here is my question.  What will this head do for someone running Dual
S.U.'s?  What about a Weber DGV?  I haven't heard much other that the
sales spiel.  Some dyno numbers or experience with more "common"
carburation options would be nice.  It's a lot of money to pony up
(maybe too much given the seeming lack of takers).

Regards,

Chris Delling