Thanks for turning and wheel advice

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks for turning and wheel advice
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:47:03 -0400
Hello list!

Thanks for the advice on turning the engine in a Sprite and on how to
recondition wire wheels.

General consensus on turning: Jack up right rear, put car in 4th, turn
wheel to turn engine (plugs out). Runner-up: tension fan belt and turn
generator.

On wire wheels: send them off to Dayton or DIY, but use tire shop to bust
tires off rims and later, to put tubes and tires back on and balance.

Thanks again. I always feel like the mouse fo the
lion-with-thorn-in-paw-and-mouse story on this list. I have no idea when
I'll ever be able to return the favor, but will if I can.

Jeff

Jeff Boatright                '65 Sprite Mk III (funfunfun)
Editor-in-Chief, Mol. Vis.    '47 Cessna 140 (in pieces)
http://www.emory.edu/molvis   '87 Horizon (full cab pick-up)
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html