Leaf Springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaf Springs
From: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 97 21:15:01 UT
Hello,

Back in May I asked for advice and tips on replacing my leaf springs on my 73
BGT.  Well she's back on the road and I would like to say "Thank You" to every
body who helped, especially Barney Gaylord who gave me step-by-step
instructions.

Got the car up on stands and got every thing off the right side except the
front shakle bolt....Yep ended up grinding it out.  I had purchased the
installation kit from Vic Brit and wouldn't know it, it came with new front
shakle bolts.   Hmmmm.  Moved to left side problems early.  Shock link won't
budge....top or bottom.  Cut, ground, and drilled it out.  Oh yeah front
shakle bolt on this side too.  ordered new shock link from Vic Brit (oh by the
way if you are ordering from them they are now running about five day behind!)
arrived yesterday.  45 min from opening box to driving out drive way.  YES!!!

Drove car everywhere today to honor Dick Crisswell.  Forced my kids to curl up
in back seat, hit every bump to settle in new springs. Kids hated it.  Taking
the wife out for dinner tonight, and maybe a little cruse in the moon
light..he he he.

Thanks to everybody again, I never knew a LBC could ride so smooooooth!

David Stecher
Urbandale Iowa
73 BGT "Fergie"