John Twist

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: John Twist
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:28:57 -0400 (EDT)
        I met John Twist yesterday at the NAMGBA get together in Buffalo
and this guy knows his stuff! He even looks like he knows his stuff. The
problem that I have is that my 1977 MGB runs on after the car is shut off.
This is not preignition but actually running smooth. He said that this was
a glitch that only happens with the 1977 year, the alternator continues to
supply electricity there by keeping the anti-run on valve going. The
solution has to do with putting a diode in line. He said there were 2
diodes under the dash that could be used or else I could go to Radio
Shack. He couldn't think of what diode to get. Radio Shack has a 12 volt 1
watt doide @ 2 for 99cents, they look small to me but I don't know. I
thought well why not get another diode like is under the dash, I looked at
the wiring diagram but all it says is a diode. None of the catalogs seem
to sell diodes except Special Interest and they get 25 bucks for one. Any
one been there done that, that could set me straight? Thanks
...Art