RE: Greece

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Greece
From: Phil Vanner <Phil@8.medpower.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 09:33:00 PDT
They say that most of the MGs were exported to the US, but I saw what
seemed like an awful lot of them in Portugal this spring, including the
only MGFs I'm likely to see "in the flesh" for some time. One F was
parked in front of a cafe, so I took a table on the sidewalk and 'gazed'
for a while over coffee while my wife chuckled at me. The seating seems a
bit high and forward but I'd buy one tomorrow if the sold them here in
the states. Among others I saw an immaculate BRG BGT ('67 I think), and a
nice sidescreen Midget having what looked like way too much fun going
down a twisty mountain road in Sintra. I was taking a taxi down after
having walked up, and was very tired but seeing that little Spridget
drifting through the curves picked up my spirits (and made want to rush
home to mine.)

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget