Re: stereo stuff and apology

To: culgandm@sterlingdi.com (David M Culgan)
Subject: Re: stereo stuff and apology
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:01:41 -0400
At 11:45 AM 7/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>At 12:47 PM 7/15/97 -0500, dmeadow@juno.com wrote:
>>>Perhaps there are those that think that everyone in a twelve block radius
>>>should hear the music they are listening to (or more importantly, that a
>
>>man you described me and Jason Dutt so well that i must complement you;
>>yep, everyone hears me from a mile away; i play my music so loud you can
>>feel it
>
>Just curious, do you feel there are any limits on your freedoms from the
>standpoint of noise polution? I'm not sure if you were serious here.
>
>To be honest I often  hope that the occupants of some cars with extremly
>loud music have a wreck with a tree, other inanimate object, or each
>other.(thats how annoying it is to me)
>
>Dave Culgan
>'66 MGB (w/ Radio Shak pos. earth FM/AM only)

Oh, no, Dave I wasn't the least bit serious in those statements.  I believe
there is a fine line between you enjoying you music and bothering those
around you.  I agree with you wholeheartedly that noise pollution is
becoming a more serious problem, with kids getting jobs and having lots of
cash to spend on whatever.

I feel that those who turn their music up too loud are stupid an deserve
getting run over by a fire truck.  The way I see it and I think you will
agree, is that these individuals have no respect for others.  What is wrong
with todays youth?  Maybe it has always been this way.  I don't know, but
when I am trying to sleep at night, and some "boomer", or other fool drives
by, it makes me want to go out and shoot his tires out.

I took Mr. Meadow's original statement personally when he said he couldn't
understand why we spend dollars on our cars and I kinda lashed back.  Sorry
to all, as I took it personally, but the more I hear from the listers, the
more I tend to agree.

Like I've said, there is a difference between booming and listening to a
quality stereo(quality always costs a lot of money).  I am not a boomer and
never will be.  I have the MG to make up for my little weener.

Jay