Re: stereo stuff and train

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: stereo stuff and train
From: Hal Rogers <hdrsons@iamerica.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:36:27 -0500
Todd Mullins wrote:

> Hal Rogers writes:
>
> > There was an accident here about 6 months ago. The lady was driving a
> > small sporty coupe with a huge stero blasting. She was stopped on the
> > tracks..never heard the train coming..and didn't survive to tell about
> > it.
>
> Come on.  There's a lot more to that story than loud music.

Nope. That's it. Loud music and stupidity can be deadly. Obviously loud
music in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing...but people make poor
judgements when it comes to driving precautions.

When I was in college I dated a girl who was riding as a passenger in a
car with another lady. The driver began getting bit by fire ants...she
began reaching down to see what was going on, lost sight of the
road..went off the road and hit a tree. The driver was hospitalized. The
girl I had briefly dated was dead. This occurred on the way to school.
No other influences.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE CARS. I have autocrossed, rallied,
and been involved in the parts and service of mostly specialty cars
almost my entire life. But accidents happen..some totally random, some
from poor judgement. Younger people..I still include myself in this
group..often think they are invincible. I have made my poor driving
decisions along the way..but was lucky enough to have survived them. I
might not have. You just never know..

Hal