Re: postage stamps

To: Gary Thompson <xtr72383801@medusa.xtra.co.nz>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: postage stamps
From: Syd Saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:20:49 -0700
Gary Thompson wrote:

> I understand the following cars appeared on postage stamps.
> Triumph Gloria  Southern Cross
> Singer le mans
> Can anyone help me with the country and year that the stamps were
> printed
>
> Regards
> Gary.Gary, I have not finished my own research on this ( I am trying to find
all of the MG stamps for my collection), but here are the countries that
issued stamps about british sports cars during the 100th anniversary of
the auto and at some other times:
Nevis - Scott Catalogue numbers 285-360
St. Lucia -   "                 739-746
St. Vincent   "                 687-698
Tuvalu-Nanumea                     ????

Since Scott numbers are issued consecutively for allstamps issued for
each country, the date issued is not necessary.  Also, there is an
internet stamp dealer that specializes in "Topicals" (stamps sorted by
subject matter)  I do not have that address at hand but can get it.  You
can find them, though, by using you search engine for the words
Stamps&Topicals.  Good luck.
TCSYD