Thanks (Fuel Problems)

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks (Fuel Problems)
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:34:22 -0400
This is just a general "thank you" to all those who responded to my fuel
system question.  I haven't had the time to tinker with it much as yet, but
I will run down the list of your suggestions, and let you know what
happens.  I suspect, from what you all have told me, and what I know
already, that I either have a mechanical fault of some sort in the pump, or
I have a blocked fuel line/tank.

Another note:  I'm now considering letting the car sit until I can restore
it properly and completely.  I expect this to be fiscally possible within
the next year.  I'm just getting a bit tired of the rolling-restoration
bit.  It seems to me that it will be a lot easier to find faults when I
know exactly what condition all of the components are in!  I've already
chased and solved half a dozen problems this season.  Although they were
all relatively minor, they're no less annoying.

Of course, this conviction will probably change in a couple weeks of good
weather! ;-)

Regards, and many thanks,