Re: MGB front fenders

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, MLishego@aol.com,
Subject: Re: MGB front fenders
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:45:58 -0400
At 06:43 PM 7/21/97 -0400, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>MLishego@aol.com wrote:
>> I have a set of fenders from a rubber-bumpered MGB.  One of my front
fenders
>> on my chrome-bumpered '74 has a nasty little problem that might not be able
>> to be fixed.  My question is, can I use the later fenders on the newer car
>> without complications?
>
>  On MG Midgets, you can't switch fenders mostly because of
>the signal lights. The signal lights are in the rubber bumpers
>on the later cars, but in the fenders in the earlier ones.
>
>  Perhaps this would apply to the B? It's no big deal to
>drill a hole for the light to go older->newer.

The later B's I believe have a depression for the shock in the fender which
is not quite as deep as that on the earlier B's.  I've heard this can be
remedied with a hammer by hammering out a deeper well for the shock.

That's why Moss has two separate parts numbers.  Of course, the earlier
fender can be mounted on a later B.  What years that are encompassed by the
different fenders, I have no idea, so you'll have to check your moss catalog.

jay