Re: interior replacement/Pool Rally/ NAMGBR

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: interior replacement/Pool Rally/ NAMGBR
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:21:23 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:
>1) stupid stupid stupid - I left the battery connected  and shorted
out
>three wires - frankly it was nearly fire-extinguisher time
Mike neglected to mention the, shorting out wires, thing yesterday.
>the sad part was however that on sunday i had to go to the excellent
Long
>Island club rally/pool party in a jeep! however it was a fine do (im
sure
>DD will give a report) and nobody made too much fun of me!!!!!
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster

Yes indeed we had a blast, 70 people in attendance with 2 MGAs, a MGTD,
a Morgan kit car, a Mini Cooper and about a dozen MGBs (that's the
british stuff/there were a few rice burners(japanese cars) there also
as well as Mike Jeep.

Listees there were: Rich Boris, Mike Robson w/ wife and son and myself
w/ wife and son. I finished about middle of the pack on the Rally with
Mike right behind me Rich had no navigator so just drove the route.
Mike's son David (12) had the best time of every one there and I think
I had the second best.

I'd like to take a moment to welcome Mike R. as NAMGBR's newest
member(I hope you sent the application, Mike) and Rich Boris indicated
that Mike's Reign as newest kid on the club's roster will be short
lived. Any body else wishing to join can either print out an
application from our web site at http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr or (
if no web access) send along address to me and I'll see you get a snail
mailed application. We do have quite a few International members also.
If you wonder why you should become a member of the Register, just ask
anybody who was in attendance at MG 97 in Buffalo. I think every one
there will answer "because this club's members know how to have a good
time"

Geez! am I babbling again ? Safety Fast, David Deutsch