B Fr.Fenders/Resource & Accolades

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B Fr.Fenders/Resource & Accolades
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 23:16:23 -0300 (ADT)
Hey listers!

Hope everyone who made Buffalo had a great run, and a great time. Went for a
drive that Saturday, wishin' we coulda been there...where's next year's
NAMGBR gathering?

To the person inquiring about using '77 fenders on a '74 - the reality  sits
with the vintage of the '74. If it's an early '74 - with chrome bumbers, and
those Gina Lolabridgetta (sp?) overriders, then the rubber bumper fender
won't work. However, if it's a later '74 - the first of the rubber bumpers -
no problemo.

Having spent the last two weeks enjoying (very much) an at-home veacation, I
got to play with the cars, and enjoy them quite a bit. I also realized what
an amazing resource this list has been for me. I've found all manner of
unique and rare bits for my Bs - including special badges from Australia, an
OD wiring harness section from British Wire (excellent, thanks Ross in
Vancouver [did I get it correct this time??]), a rare fog lamp switch in
Thousand Oaks, California! just to name a few...

Perhaps I should have spent less time thinkin', and more time getting to the
OD install, but I just couldn't bring myself to take the roadster down in
the midst of a glorious two weeks of sunshine and warm temperatures.

So I drove it. Everyday. I live on the Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia, and
the drives along the coast are among the best anywhere in the world. On
Thursday past (my 46th!), my son Aaron and I took the red rocket on a
criss/cross of the province. A 225 mile circle in a mobile tanning booth! We
drove to the western side of Nova Scotia, and walked the low tides of the
Bay of Fundy, then zipped back across to spend the summer's eve at a bed &
breakfast in a place called Chester Basin. It's a recently restored 1882
vintage inn on the ocean, run by a couple from England, who sold their
Triumph restoration business to come to Canada to run the inn. Made for a
wonderful day...

So, all in all - it was an excellent vacation, and although I couldn't join
the huddled masses in Buffalo in the physical sense, I was with you all in
spirit!

The octagonal kind, that is.

Terry "Poetically Yours" Williams
'70 BGT (glistening in the summer moonlight)
'69 roadster (still sweatin')