Re: HeadLight Reminder

To: rmason@ro.com
Subject: Re: HeadLight Reminder
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:14:26 EDT
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:00:24 -0500 Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com> writes:
>At 09:43 PM 7/21/97 -0300, you wrote:
>>Does anyone have any ideas on how to build a reminder (visual and/or
>>audible) to tell this forgetful driver that his headlights are on
>when he
>>departs the vehicle?  I have an 80 MGB LE!!
>>

>Preston-
>
>JC Whitney sells one for $5.99 (US) - part number 73DH4756N (from
>catalog
>#596D, page 50).  They also have more sophisticated systems for
>daytime
>running lights, lights on w/ wipers and auto ON/OFF based on ambient
>lighting conditions.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Rich Mason
>'73 MGB
>Huntsville, AL

  The JC Whitney kit has a buzzer and a couple of connectors.  A similar
12v buzzer is available at Radio Shack for about $2.50 US, and you
probably have adequate connectors around the garage.  Just connect the
buzzer between the lead from switch to parking lights and a lead that's
hot with the ignition on and cold with it off--maybe the lead to the
radio, or the wipers.
  A headlamp buzzer has been a great help to certain members of our
family...
Bob