Re: Headlight buzzers and starter solenoids

To: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Headlight buzzers and starter solenoids
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:47:42 -0500
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:10:01 -0500 (CDT) todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil
(Todd Mullins) writes:
>the
>    stupid B(PS)L sequential seat belt warning systems (I KNOW none of
>    you out there actually have functioning warning systems!).

Wasn't it 1974 that the ignition systems were required to be connected to
the seat belts so that the car could not be started without the belts
fastened?

It seems my father had that "feature" on his '74 VW Dasher (when was the
last time you saw one of those?).

Of course, like everyone else, it took him about 30 seconds of ownership
to defeat the damned thing.  And it took Congress only one year to
recognize their stupidity, which is ten years less than normal ;-)

David Littlefield
Houston, TX