Re: Special lubricants in engine block?

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Special lubricants in engine block?
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 21:26:57 -0400 (EDT)
        Put assembly lube on everything that moves. Oil runs down the
cylinder walls and drips off everything else too quickly. Prime the pump
with  oil though. Grease is fine for the pilot bushing.Be sure to put the
lube under the main and rod bearings. I know one guy that swears by STP
instead of lube, but I wouldn't want to experiment.
...Art