Re: Weber installation...

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber installation...
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:32:37 -0700
MLishego@aol.com wrote:

>  Is there any way to grease or
> otherwise lubricate your throttle cable?

It sounds like the soak in the motor oil should have done the trick.
Could be a problem with the cable housing/sheath, a bur or a kink or
something.
The extra springs can be a pain on long trips, it's suprising how a
little extra gas pedal pressure can cramp your foot.
I've used 'Lokar' throttle cables on custom applications. They work
great, can take a lot of bad routing, and have a teflon lined stainless
braided sheath. But, cost around $30.

>  In a pamphlet from Brit-Tek, they recommend
> running the crankcase breather into the airflow under the car, so that the
> speed of the car will 'scavenge' (?) the gases from the block.  I can
> understand how this will work, but is there a better place for me to stick it

Used to be called a down draft tube, in old Ford speak. Usually it should
be routed to the air cleaner or the intake manifold. Any place it can
be sucked into the engine. If you have a choice between the two, choose
intake manifold, as it's better to try to keep the carb clean from any
oil blow by.

-Aron-
"in a frenzy"