948 Engine Swap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 948 Engine Swap
From: gkirk@e2.empirenet.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
M y Mk1 Midget's 948 engine is in relatively sad shape, and oculd use
refreshing.  I have the possibiliy of acquiring a 948 engine out of a
Morris, but I am not sure is this engine will bolt up to the Midget's
transmission.  If it's only (famous last words) a matter of switching the
backing plates, I thing I'd be willing to undertake this, but I have the
dreaded premonition that this Morris 948 cc engine will not fit and would
rather know be\fore I spend the money on it...

so begginf for your accumulated wisdom...

Greg