I think it was preordained....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I think it was preordained....
From: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:43:42 -0400 (EDT)
I've noticed much talk about the younger generation getting into the LBC
boat, I for one am big time.  When I was born in 1981, my dad had a TR6
(ahh!!) anyways, when my little sister came along, he was forced to sell,
needed to buy a house... Anyways, prior to the TR6, he had owned 2 MGBs, and
had driven an MGC a fair amount. He promised my mom when he sold the TR6,
that when I was old enough to drive, he was going to buy another MG, well, I
turned 16, and wouldn't you know it, McB's behind my house has a 741/2 MGB GT
for sale, with a sweetly bored out engine in it,  well, I learned how to
drive a tisck in that car, and I love it, so do all of my friends.
      I went to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix last weekend, we ended up
entering our car in the show, even though it hadn't been washed in a week,
(we had a t-shirt over the driver's side seat to soak up the sweat due to
vinyl seats) So we wiped it down with that.  It was the best time I've ever
had with my dad, we had a great time checking out all the great cars there
for Brit Car day.  Many MGBs, a few V8 conversions, one '62 Buick conversion,
and then my beautiful 74 1/2 MGB GT, 2 liter engine, rust bubbles, dent in
the hood, but, not the worst looking one there!!
Course, it did look REALLY dirty next to this Cherry MGC GT w/auto 'box!!!!!

If Chris Longo is on this page, it's me, Ian Wisbon!!
   anyways, sorry to take up so much space, but, I thought I'd let you know
that I for one am going to keep a classic British Car in my belongings for as
long as I live, unless later in my life the SO forces me to sell because I
need a new wiring harness for the MG and she needs a new refridgerator.
   to whomever was asking about the pistons used in my engine after the 2
litre conversion, they are Lotus Pistons, also, I found that I have a dual
timing chain, and lots of other goodies, I now know about for sure!!!  Later
all!! Enjoy those cars!!! And leave a couple to be restored for the younger
guys, (especially a Mini cooper) :)
                                          Ian Wisbon
                                           74 1/2 MGB GT