Re: Midget Trailer?

To: Dick Watson <dwatson@feist.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Trailer?
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:39:16 -0700
Dick Watson wrote:

> I also would like to find such a trailor.
>
> Has anyone used one of the "car dollies" I saw a guy with one at the
> All
> British on OKC and he liked it for his daughters Midget.
>
> The pros on this would be lightweight and easier storage. Any Cons?

One end of the car gets miles. Since the rear wheels are driven on a
midget, they should be off the ground, therefore the car is backwards.
That means that the steering gear and front suspension get funny wear
when they are moving backward at 70mph. The other problem is that your
top wasn't designed for use at 70 mph backward (assuming it rains or
something). Can you back up with a tow dollie, or is it just hard?

Also, those tow dollies cost $800 to $1000 bucks. For just a little bit
more money, Magnum or someone will make a custom flatbed trailer to your
specs. If storage is a problem have the trailer built with jacks front
and back (so you can load/unload without it being hitched up and, keep
it in the garage and park your car on it (just put the ramps down to
pull out of the garage).

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.