Master Cylinder Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Master Cylinder Questions
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:31:39 -0400
I have been noticing an symptom that is slowly getting worse on my 77B's
brakes.  Initially, upon stepping on the pedal I have a firm pedal.  Holding
constant pressure on the pedal for a few moments results in a gradually
sinking pedal.  I think the master cylinder is shot.

How do these things respond to rebuilds?  I would prefer not to spend the
$200 or so that a new cylinder costs, but I don't want to through away time
and money on a rebuild if it isn't likely to be successful.

Is there a good way to determine if a MC is a good candidate for a rebuild.
Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Best Regards,

Chris Delling