Nory@webtv.net (Nory): Fwd: Re: The Calling

To: MGs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nory@webtv.net (Nory): Fwd: Re: The Calling
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:52:34 EDT
        I'm w/ Nory and some others.  In Kansas City, MO., there are
zoning laws that keep "yard cars" out of sight.  It is selectively
enforced, usually on a complaint, but it is enforced.  There is a big
difference in one car that needs wiper blades and a back yard full of
parts cars.  The laws cannot be made car specific in that old British
cars are OK and tired Yugos or TR6's are not.  The zoning laws are "for
the masses".  And, yes, the cars can be legally abated but it takes a lot
to get it done.  I have a lot of garages for my stuff so I can rag about
this type of thing.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

Yes, most municipalities require a license for a scrapyard, garage, or
used car lot. I don't think this is picking on hobbyists,
Municipalites have zoning laws to protect homeowners from such eyesores.
I can understand requiring someone to store this stuff out of sight, or
get rid of it.  Yes, it can be impounded if you do not do so

I, personally, would not buy a house next door to a junk yard.  Would
you?

-Nory
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger