I need a Z-S Carb expert......

To: "mglist" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I need a Z-S Carb expert......
From: "SLUPECKI A." <ajslupecki@mke9.ra.rockwell.com>
Date: 30 Jul 1997 16:31:24 -0500
I am having trouble passing emissions with my Z-S carb (weren't these stupid
things put on for LOWER emissions??!?!).  The car is a 78B with stock
emissions, carb, choke, etc.

I failed on the first try.  Came home and adjusted the choke, leaned the carb
a little, checked with a colortune --- looks fine at idle, but runs rich as it
revs.  Tried the rolling dyno smog check again and failed CO -- fine at idle,
but way over while accelerating and anywhere over 30 mph.  I took it to Dick
and Glen at MG Limited -- the best MG guys in Milwaukee -- and they couldn't
get it to pass either.  Per Glen, the Z-S should run the worst at idle and get
better at speed.   They haven't seen one do this before...

Anyone ever seen this before?  Make sense?   Anyone got a theory?  Does
everyone get so frustrated they switch to SUs or a Weber?

Did I mention my plates expire at the end of the month?

Andy Slupecki
78B
"Street legal for 1 more day"