TD Door Check Installation Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Door Check Installation Question
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:46:16 -0600 (MDT)
Just got a pair of replacement door checks (another part the DPO dispensed
with). On the end that goes into the door pillar (not the door itself), does
the washer go on the inside or outside? Should be easy to check, just open the
door and see if there is a washer or not. Boy, so many things are missing on my
car. I didn't even realize how many till I got a couple of books and catalogs.
The DPO actually ripped out the upholstery panels and replaced them with ones
cut out of pasteboard. Of course he didn't bother to put the fittings for the
side curtains back on. (I guess he thought they weren't needed after he threw
the curtains away!) Well, things could be worse. At least the wood is in good
shape and there wasn't too much rust. Maybe we should start a thread on who
has restored the worst basket case. Lets hear your story.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
52 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB still in shop, 19 months and counting