Re: List Wisdom:HT/Aux Lamps

To: TRIFARI@aol.com, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: List Wisdom:HT/Aux Lamps
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 02:16:49 -0400
TRIFARI@aol.com wrote:
> 2.   Pull power off the low beam side of the dip switch.  This will keep you
> from using foggers and hi-beams at the same time.  Seems to be a no-no in
> California, idiotic as it seems.

  My modern car is wired this way as well. It's actually
a bit more complex because the fog lights are also the
daytime running lights, but that's another story.

   Anyways, there is a reason for this that is at least
rooted in a good idea. There is a limit to how many watts
of light you can have on at any one time. It's designed to
stop people from installing super light bars to
improve their own vision at the expense of blinding
everybody coming the other way.

  If you have high beams and fog lights, this puts you
over that limit. So they are wired to be mutually
exclusive.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada