Re: MGB Engine Color

To: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Engine Color
From: Wally Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:50:36 -0700
Bill Schooler wrote:

> Got a question that I'm sure the list will be able to handle.  When did
> the Engine color change from red to black on the MGB?  Clausager says it
> changed effective with the 18V engine (1972 model year), but other folks
> swear that they have seen black 18 GK engines.  Can you folks with 1971
> Bs (with original engines) tell me what color your engine is and when it
> changed?
>
> --
> *Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
> *Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/
> *schooler@erols.com *Editor of The Spark
> *69 B/GT, 53 TD     *Web Page Coordinator

I have a 1971, manufactured in Dec. 1970 and the 18GK engine color is,
well, rust :^))    Sorry, really red!  Also have a 1971 manufactured in
March 1971 (my organ donor) with an 18V engine, probably changed by one
of the DPO's and it is black.  This engine just ended up in the earlier
'71.  Running without the smog stuff since no emissions required on
older cars here.

Wally / Templeton, MA