Re: I think it was preordained....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Subject: Re: I think it was preordained....
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:23:23 +0000
>> Enjoy those cars!!! And leave a couple to be restored for the younger
>> guys, (especially a Mini cooper) :)
>>                                           Ian Wisbon
>>                                            74 1/2 MGB GT

>Oh, Ian, for a while there you were spewing such heartfelt and rational prose.
>And then you went and spoilt it with your stated asperation for a Mini Cooper.
>My Gawd, Lad, what do you wanna go down that path for?
>
>As you are a naive young man I am compelled to warn you that owner's of Mini
>Coopers will never procreate or, at most, have little chance of offspring smart
>enough to wash a windscreen and scratch at the same time.

Maybe, but my V8 man here in the UK has been asked by a customer in the USA to
get hold of as many Mini Coopers, old or new, as he can.  For import to the USA,
that is, not to put them out of harms way (or maybe ...).

My long-ago girl friend, now my wife, and I did not procreate in a Mini, but we
did break the back seat on my Mum's, twice.  The second time I could not face
again the knowing grins of the bloke at the garage the first time I asked him
weld it up so I drilled and bolted it - no more problems.  My wife and I must
still feel the same way about each other 28 years on, 'cos this year we broke
the
bed in our holiday cottage twice in two weeks!

PaulH.