Classic Motorbook's Wings and Wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Classic Motorbook's Wings and Wheels
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:04:03 -0500
Classic Motorbooks will have its annual "Wings and Wheels" fly in and car
show on Septembe 6th (I believe that is correct.  Someone please correct me
if I am wrong).  This is usually a very fun day.  British cars are well
represented and MG's get a little field all to themselves right next to the
building :-)  There is also a craft show/sale going on downtown along with
a small amusement park.  There are busses that transport people between the
three sites (car show, airport, craft show).

The show is located in Osceola, Wisconsin.  Osceola is a rustic little town
about 50 miles Northwest of Minneapolis, MN on the scenic St. Croix river.
For those of you who want to spend more time in the area, Stillwater is
about 25 winding miles South and is chock full of antique stores including
several very good used book stores.  The Mall of America is about 1 hour
away, also.

But wait, there's more!  Classic Motorbooks also has all of their books on
sale during this event.  Wander into their warehouse and get 10% off
anything you can carry out.  There is a tent sale outside where returned /
slightly damaged books are sold for 50% off.  I got Green's MGA restoration
book there last year along with the MG Buyer's guide and Lindsay's MGB
restoration book in years past.

I don't mean to sound so much like a commercial but I have been going to
this event for three years now and it is a truly enjoyable experience.  The
variety of machinery is awsome - there is even a farm tractor category for
judging.  I have no financial interest, YMMV, watch out for fallen rock,
yada, yada, yada.

Regards,
Bill Eastman