72 MGB - Engine Rebuild?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 72 MGB - Engine Rebuild?
From: Robert Sellers <rsellers@esiusa.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:54:31 -0400
I've just acquired a 72 B, with about 150K miles on board. It's running,
but is eating about a quart of oil per 100 miles.   I've got all the
maint records on it - Been through 6 owners, and the dates of the
records appear to make them complete.  No head or block work done yet.

Am I better off looking for a remanufactured engine or getting this one
out and having it rebuilt by a local engine rebuilding shop.     Any
idea of what type of $ I might be looking at .    4 speed - no
overdrive.

Thanks.

rsellers@esiusa.com.