re: rear window funk

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: rear window funk
From: syd saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:38:07 -0500 (CDT)
At 11:05 PM 8/1/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Hello Robert:
>
>Try toothpaste. Crest seems to work fairly well and has about the right
>level of abrasives. You can apply it with a soft damp washcloth and rub
>lightly in a circular motion.
>
>If the toothpaste is not effective, you may resort to powdered copper
>cleaner. I prefer Cameo brand. It's on your grocer's shelf.
>
>YMMV.
>
>Good luck.
>
>Regards,
>
>David F. Darby
>Hilda, Missouri USA

According to the American Convertible Top Dental Association, using Crest
will also reduce your chance of getting rear window cavities by 37%.  On the
other hand Maguire's makes a product called Mirror Glaze which is a
plastic/acrylic cleaner and polish.  After a few applications a lot of
scratch-fog-stain should come out.
TTFN
Syd