More weber problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More weber problems
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 18:57:35 -0400 (EDT)
HELP!
My weber is acting up.  I just installed it on a '74 'B with an electronic
ignition and new spark plugs (New plug wires coming soon.)  I followed the
directions from Brit-tek and removed all of the pertinent emissions crap.
 Fired the car up, and she idled very nicely - better than the last time she
ran.  However, when I hit the gas pedal, the car dies, and backfires through
the carb.  What is wrong?  Is it my mixture?

Also, the car seems to heat up very quickly, and I plan on getting a new
thermostat.  I know that there are 3 temps available.  What does anyone
use/reccommend for a car that's driven mostly in the summer in Western PA?

Thank you for your help, I'm headed back to the garage to play around!
~Mike Lishego