Re: in-car heat

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Subject: Re: in-car heat
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 20:28:10 -0400 (EDT)
        I bought the small size to test it. I was interested on preventing
further rust on a Hy*****ai. When I first put it on it turned the rust
black (I used the clear product because it was the best for top coating).
A year has gone by and the area is again covered with rust. It hasn't
rusted through but the rust can be seen through the top coat. I went to
use some more of it about 2 months after I had opened the can and found it
hard as a rock and unusable. The nail I used to stir it with is still rust
free after being outside all year, but it wasn't rusty to begin with. By
the way I painted at least 10 rust spots and they all are showing through.
I don't have rust holes yet but then again if I had let them go I might
not have had holes either.
...Art