Re: planet Earth to David./I'm around/NAMGBR

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: planet Earth to David./I'm around/NAMGBR
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 09:34:36 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:

>Can you hear us? Are you still around? Haven't heard from you lately,
nor
>seen much of you on the list. So, I thought I'd check in on you.
> Take care.
>
>Michael

Hello Mike and another interested party,

I'm still around but the weather is nice and I'm driving. I have 7,000+
miles on the new rebuilt drivetrain (that's three months worth)in the
75 B, so a tune up is happening next weekend. Been subscribed
/unsubscribed to the list several times in last six to eight weeks so I
catch the tail end of something or the beginning. I try and get out of
town for one weekend a month and just can not handle 200+ posts after 3
days gone. I have five Bs and the Austin Wagon currently. The 72 B is
going to Adam (my son) as soon as his gets himself a job. The 76 B is
my personal present project and I'm moving at a snail's pace. The 79 is
still buried in body shop (almost two years/sometimes I forget about
it)  awaiting completion. I just aquired a 78 (?) that's  a good
running solid car. The Austin will be started this winter.

Shift in Gears: As the new Membership Coordinator for the North
American MGB Register, have been trying to match names on this list to
the club roster. I can not believe the number of people on this list,
who are residences of the USA and Canada and not members of NAMGBR. You
are missing the boat. If you have any interest in becoming a member
give me a call and get an info packet out to you with in a few days. If
you join it will be the best $25- you have ever spend on that MGB or
Midget of your's. 1800-NAMGBR is the # to call. If you have absolutely
NO intentions of joining please don't waste the club's money and my
time, thanks.

I hope most of you are enjoying your driving season as much as I am
enjoying mine. I'll be at the New England MG Club's Almost Downeast
Lobsterbake III on the 17th in Eliot, ME, MG Car Club - Long Island
Centre's Vanderbilt Concour on the 24th in Centerport, L.I. and MGs on
the Rocks in Maryland on Sept 27th. These are the "in ink" plans. For
all you east coast USA/Canada folks I still have the events page being
updated each week, there is approx. 40 events listed right now, located
at: http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html

Enjoy the ride and Safety Fast,
David Deutsch