Re: MGB

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 10:35:19 -0500
At 09:39 AM 8/7/97 -0500, Thomas James Pokrefke, III wrote:
>>From the Hattiesburg American:

>"A classic 1979 MGB, red 49,000 miles, excellent condition."

>I was feeling a bit machiavellian this morning so I called.  An effervescent
>18 year old answered the phone, and when I told her I was calling about
>the MGB, she began her carefully rehearsed speech.

>"The car is a 1979, and they stopped making them in 1980, so it's very
>modern..."
>"If it ever breaks down, I have this book called Victoria British Ltd.
>Contrary to belief, it's easy to  buy parts."
>"It runs really good, except if you get stuck in traffic.  Then it runs
>kinda hot."

>All in all, she was pretty smart about the MG.  I asked her why she was
>selling it, and she said she needed a bigger car to get to school.

>If anybody wants a 'modern' MGB for $4500, let me know.

$4500?? For that piece of junk?? It runs hot, it's a blasted foreign
jobbie, you have to order parts from a place that sounds like it sells
lingerie, and breaks down in traffic??!!

If the paint's good, offer her $1000, and make sure she knows you're doing
her a big favor!   ;-)

Carol

>If anybody wants a 'modern' MGB for $4500, let me know.
>
>Thomas James Pokrefke, III  (Graduation tomorrow!!!!!)
>1970 MGB
>pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
>http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

As you approach life's curves, never brake and always leave skid marks!