Re: Yet more on the MGB Twin Cam

To: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Subject: Re: Yet more on the MGB Twin Cam
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 14:16:03 -0500
At 03:01 PM 8/8/97 +0100, David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com> wrote:

>I mean, isn't it true that all
>Americans wear cowboy hats, chew gum, tote guns and say `y'all' every
>third word? No? Thought not!

Actually - y'all have it durn close to bein' right...for us suthners...

Here in the south, y'all would be wearin' a cap, not a cowboy hat.  That
thar cap would have one of four things on it:

1) a NASCAR graphic of yer favorite driver or his number (for y'all that
cain't spell Earnhart) or,
2) a farm impliment like John Deere or IH
3) a tobaccy product, like Red Man chewin' tobaccy - chewin' gum is for
sissyboys...
4) yer favorite college footbal team logo

As for totin' guns - well shoot yeah - we do - but usually ya tote yer gun
in the beer cooler.

As for y'all thinkin' we say y'all every third word - well...y'all are
exaggeratin' a mite bit, y'all.

Y'all have a mighty fine day now, y'hear...

Rich Mason
misplanted/transplanted Yankee
Madison, Alabama
'73B