Re: State Farm Classic Car Insurance

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: State Farm Classic Car Insurance
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:33:11 -0700
Don Mathis wrote:

> State Farm (here in Atlanta ?!) has a classic car policy that does require
> less than 7500 miles per year.  I had to get an appraisal for $50 and then I
> could insure it for the appraisal or less.  The insurance is about $160 per
> year for $10,000 of insurance. I've been with State Farm for about 3 1/2
> decades.

I'm with state farm too, but haven't been able to get a classic car
policy from them. I think my agent is BSing me about her inability
to get me a cheaper rate for my classic cars. So, what exactally
does state farm call it's classic car policy? Maybe if I go in with
the 'lingo' she will respond. Florida tends to have different insurance
laws too.
Other than the milage requirement, are there any other restrictions
like use (parades and shows only) or must be in a locked garage?
I do have a locked garage, but that's were my shop is, so the more
decrepit cars tend to be in the garage being worked on, while the
finished projects can spend some time outside (GASP!).

-Aron-
"in a frenzy"