re:UML summer party

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:UML summer party
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:18:22 -0400 (EDT)
Yo chaps!

Jean and I are leaving tomorrow morning (Wednesday) for Grand Rapids, MI in
the MGB and the MGC, picking up an MGTD from Danville,IL along the way.

The Endurance Run begins about noon on Thursday, it would be advisable to be
at the Hilton on 28th street by 10:00am EDT. Individual and Team competition
will be available (however no car can enter without driver and navigator).
All cars must be MG with MG drivetrain (Rover/Buick V8 conversions are
acceptable). The route WILL be around Lake Michigan, shortest mileage winning
each division. (Be forwarned...Team Fokowie has completed the acquisition of
a former TeamX member and will be entering into the team competition.)  While
driving around Lake Michigan in less than 20 hours may not be everyone's cup
of tea, it is really a hoot, and can be completed in MGs of good mechanical
condition. It helps to be good friends with your co-driver...that cockpit
gets extremely small about 15 hours into the Lap!

For you listers coming to UML, I look forward to meeting you in
person....look for me either Wednesday night or Thursday morning....I'll be
back in Grand Rapids Friday morning...stop by the NAMGBR tent or look for
"MOWOG 1" (white MGB tourer) or "MGC 6165" (red MGC with white hardtop) from
Illinois! You "first-timers will want to go on the "tour of Grand Rapids"
with Art Lewis on Friday afternoon, which ends at a privately owned auto
museum. "Let 'em rust in piece!"  :-)

"Once around the lake and home before dark!"

Cheers!

rick ingram - NAMGBR #0-131
                  - AMGCR #985