Re: stuck hinge

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: stuck hinge
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 18:25:19 -0400
Don Mathis wrote:

> I have a piano type hinge that holds the door to my tool compartment on the
> trunk of the Bentley.  It is about 3 feet long.  It won't turn.  It doesn't
> look rusted but obviously is.  Any ideas on how to get it loose.  I was
> going to make a tank out of PVC pipe and soak it in something.  I'm aware of
> the old southern remedy of using Coca-cola.  Any other ideas?  Thanks-
>
> Don Mathis,Ph.D.
> donmathis@lucent.com
> '61 MGA
> '37 Derby Bentley (B190KT)

Just spray the whole thing with WD-40 and let it sit overnight.  Next
day, if it's not free, spray it again.  I think that'll do it.

WD-40, unlike liquid wrench, will not leave a dirt-atracting residue.
Keep a rag handy to deal with overspray.

Bobby
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *