Re: Agony and Despair

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@kih.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Agony and Despair
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 97 08:37:38 -0400
Hello??? Mike Razor

>Still no running MGA tried everything we know.  New plugs, plug wires
>rotor cap, rotor button, points,  rebuilt carbs, balanced carbs and put
>a color tune on it and it looked real good.  Was running and when we
>took it for a ride it died about 100 yards from the house and refused to
>start.  Checked the points and they were not opening all the way opened
>them up and it still would not start, put a new coil on it and it fired
>up until wife stalled it out backing it in the garage and it would not
>start again.  Timing? Spark? Fuel?
>Our newly formed club is having its first rallye today and I am the pres
>and now car (TD is out of action cause I thought how hard could it be to
>put in a new dash!) but that is a different story but I don't suggest it
>for relaxing.
>
>HELP!
>
>THANKS!
>
>MIKE R
>--
>MZ=EA
Never try to put anything new in an MG on the day of, or before, a =
big event. I missed a big club autocross 'cuz I tried to put new =
springs in at 5AM before a 10AM event. DUH.
Doesn't sound electric so it s prob fuel. See previous thread on =
flooding SU's. Or starved? If it died on the SO and wouldn't start is =
there a fuel smell? if yes then flodded (change the oil) if no then =
starved. Good Luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget