Re: MGB Clutch

To: mgb.roadster@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGB Clutch
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:22:43 -0500
On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 22:55:39 -0600 mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
writes:

>It seems as though my clutch engages slowly, that is, the pedal doesn't
return very quickly (did check the return spring, it is still there).
This appears to be a random event, or at least I have not determined a
pattern.   I do have a very minor leak in the hydraulic hose.  It is so
minor, I only add about one, maybe two ounces of fluid about every 1000
miles.  The clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing were all
replaced about 8000 miles ago, and appear to work properly (no slipping,
etc).

Old hose, swelling and collapsing internally, obstructing the fluid flow.
 Treat it to a new clutch slave cylinder hose and you'll both be happy
again.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude

PS