Door Problems, more leaky bodies.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door Problems, more leaky bodies.
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 22:50:02 -0400
Thanks to all who responded on my leaky body question.  After a long wet
drive home from Twist today, I will be checking all the areas suggested!

The longish drive over the weekend (400 miles =B1) reminded me of a nagging
problem.  Both door latches on my B suffer from a case of the squeaks and
rattles when driven over less than perfect pavement.  My doors do not sag,
and are slightly out of alignment, but seem to open and close easily.  When
driving, I can hang my arm out the window, and can feel movement between
the body and the door as the car passes over even small bumps. =20

I am trying to figure out if this is being caused by worn latches, or by
poor adjustment.  I am willing to try adjustment, but would like any
suggestions that you all can offer, including how the hell to loosen the
damn phillips screws holding the latch mechanisim.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Delling