Re: Racist slurs, et al

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Racist slurs, et al
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:43:18 -0500
Scott Gardner wrote:

> > "kicking someone off the list?Even if someone was to use the "N" word
> > he would be ignored by all <snip>
> >

> Really, Patrick, what do you think the odds are of ANYONE being
> ignored on this list?  This has to be the KING of all lists for
> off-topic posts, and no one has let them slide yet.  I doubt someone
> would be politely ignored if he started talking about some N*gg**r's
> '63 Impala Hoopty here.

Maybe you got a point there. (Not about being off topic. Except for Kai's
computer rantings everything has been on topic, hasn't it?) No, maybe we need to
officially designated the vernacular when describing car problems. After all,
precedents have certainly been set with the pearly prose in some of those
England-based Sports Car publications.

So, from here on in, when we are lamenting some dastardly work performed by the
DPO, we will henceforth proclaim the job to be . . . Triumph-rigged.  And we'll
use T-rigged in polite company.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75xxx, '61Elva(?)
"I am an equal-opportunity bigot. I only associate with intelligent people."