MGA Coupe location...(longish question)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Coupe location...(longish question)
From: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:41:41 -0400 (EDT)
It's located at Shelly's Foreign Auto Junkyard outside of Ambridge, PA, I
found it whilst gettina  backseat for my GT, well, back piece of stuffing you
will never sit on and really just covers the battery real well...Anyways,
that's where it is, I can't really remember what kind of condition the
interior and such was in...

    Another quick question...My rubber bumper on my BGT has a weird "shiny"
finish to it in certain parts, only on the front bumper...Parts of the bumper
are the normal looking rubber, but, it seems as if someone put something on
it that wore off, and now leaves really bad looking shiny patches.  Well, I
found a front rubber bumper at this Shelly's auto yard, in nice shape for it
being exposed, I mean, no chunks taken out of the bumper and the badge is
even in good shape, not faded, only thing is it has like a weird velvety
looking finish on it I can only guess is from it being exposed to weather,
it's kinda soft and fuzzy...
            Short story long, the guy said we can have it for $85 (!)
Considering a new one is too much to even consider, can this velvety finish
be removed? 85 bucks is a bargain!!  Only other problem is that metal bar
that runs behind the bumper is rusted out pretty bad, can this be replaced?
 Thanks for the help!!!
                                                                       Wiz
                                                                        74
1/2 BGT