It's a 1971 MGB [was: What LBC model is this??]

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: It's a 1971 MGB [was: What LBC model is this??]
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 22:46:24 -0500
Well, y'all said to let you know when/if I found out what the car under the
blue tarp is.

Well, this evening I waltzed up to its front door and met the owner.

The car is a 1971 MGB. Sam, the original owner, bought it new and loved
driving it. The engine is out of it (another MG in a box!) and he said the
crank was twisted (?). He has the parts that are missing from the car. It's
one of those restorations that never got very far.

He asked me what it was worth and I immediately started comparing it to
another MGB that was very nice for $2200. Apparently I'm not the only one
who knows where the car is! There's an aircraft machinist that has been by
to visit with Sam a few times, too. Sam doesn't seem interested in selling
it -- I didn't ask either. He says his wife has fond memories of the car. I
told him how a car loses it's soul sitting under a tarp -- not to mention
incurring rust.

Anyway, you all asked, and I went to see. I'm new at this
ID-the-car-business. I don't know much about B's and am still learning
about A's. My first love is still the MGA, but I thought I'd pave the way
for somebody to have the B if the owner decides to sell it...

Thanks for the input you all offered...

Carol