Re: Dead cars (Was: opinion of new mg and the rest of creation!)

To: gofastmg@juno.com
Subject: Re: Dead cars (Was: opinion of new mg and the rest of creation!)
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 16:34:21 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-22 17:05:43 EDT, gofastmg@juno.com writes:

<< Think about that, Ray.  If Greenpeace became involved in our hobby (read
 obsession), the next thing you know, the French would be trying to plant
 limpet mines on our MG's. (And you thought cats were hard to guard
 against!)

Yes, but then we could all whine about how the mines should be biodegradable,
and get Princess Di over for a dress sell-off to raise money for us. We could
then skim off enough to out fit ourselves with all the MG's we could ever
drive (but possibly not as many as we could want....).
We could make a movie about an abused MGB (Free Mowoggy) and rake in
millions!  We could dream up idiot theories and scare hell out of the
unwashed, thereby getting laws passed favoring Old British Cars.
The possibilities are endless!!!!!
Think I'll have another Guinness..........
Regards,
Ray