Unscientific milage test(no LBC content)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Unscientific milage test(no LBC content)
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:21:11 -0700
Thinking that the crappy gas we in California have to use I did a little
experiment today.I had to
take my Son over to the Grand Canyon for a job and I drove 950 miles today!!(a
personal record!!)So
I filled up in Kingman AZ and was getting 18.65 MPG in my wifes Aerostar went
up to the Grand Canyon
dropped Kevin off looked around a bit and filled up at the same pump got 21.79
MPG!A 3.14
difference!Drove 70 in Calif and 75 in AZ ecept for about 120 miles at 55 or 60
up to the
canyon.Conclusions are what I suspected....Our gas is CRAP!! the MTBE additive
that is supposedc to
clean the air is actually polluting more because you get less milage!Also the
gas was 10 cents a
gallon cheaper So if you think your MG(obligatory LBC content) is getting worse
milage it may be the
gas you are using!
Pat