Re: steering wheel vibrates

To: Alex Baroiant <abaroian@polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu>
Subject: Re: steering wheel vibrates
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:32:20 -0400
Alex Baroiant wrote:

> The steering wheel on my '74 B vibrates at about 65 mph.  The place where I
> bought it from balanced the wheels but the vibration  is still there....
> Does anyone know what it could be?!!!

Mine did the same thing (really bad) when I got it.  I had the rack and
pinion unit replaces and the problem all but disapeared.  It still does
it a little bit around 65 mph.  I suspect the cause is a bad king pin.
I'm planning to have them replaced over the winter.

Bobby
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *