Re: vapor lock?

To: missouf@mail.utexas.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: vapor lock?
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 22:11:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-26 21:45:57 EDT, missouf@mail.utexas.edu writes:

<< My question, then, is:  is the problem vapor lock?  And will insulating
the
 fuel line with the material available from a parts store for this purpose be
 enough?  Have any of the other drivers in the South (or other places) had,
 and successfully fixed, this solution?  Or do I simply need to move North?

 Any help is appreciated.

 Stephanie Gibbs
 '77 MG Midget (Ebenezer 'Ebby' Peabody Doolittle)

Stephanie,

My son's '76 Midget also was plagued with vapor lock acccording to the
previous owner. As we rebuilt it, we noticed that much of the metak fuel line
brackets were missing and the line was resting on the transmission, clutch
housing and rear of the engine. We replaced the brackets (and got the line
off of those hot parts), the fuel pump and filter.

Between what we did to the line (no insulating was done) and the new fuel
pump and filter, the problem never reoccurred. The car is an everyday driver
for the last four years.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget